- Cardboard cutouts
1. Gradually add flour to the water and mix together until you have a thin consistency.
2. Tear newspaper into short strips 3/4 inch wide.
3. Dip the newspaper into the mixture then wrap around the cardboard cutouts.
4.Dry then decorate.
- Stiff construction paper
- Foam cutouts, glitter or other decorating utensil.
1. Cut out the king’s hat as shown in the above photo. (My 20 month old son ripped the edges a bit but you can get the idea.)
2. Measure the child’s head with the cutout made and staple together.
3. Now the fun part comes which is decorating.
**You can add stuff around the bottom edges to give it some different effect.
- Large pieces of stiff construction paper
- Chiffon material
- Decorating items
1. Measure the child’s head to determine the width of the hat then shape the construction paper into a tall cone. Leave a small opening at the tip of the hat for the chiffon material.
2. Staple the ends of the construction paper to the hat all down the length of the hat.
3. Tape the staples inside the hat to prevent it form scratching the child and catching on the chiffon material when you thread it through.
4. Cut the chiffon material to the length you want to drape down the hat.
5. Thread the chiffon material up the inside of the hat and pull it through the hat. Staple in place.
6. Now the hat is ready to be decorated anyway you wish.
Crayon Stain Glass Picture
- Construction paper
- Baby oil
- Cotton balls
1. Using a black crayon scribble loops over the entire paper and be sure to overlap lines.
2. Color each loop a different color.
3. Once complete, flip the picture over and oil the back using the cotton ball.
4. Hang the finished product in a bright window to see the picture.