- white apron
- fabric paint
- sponge shapes
1. Prepare the area and kids for painting
2. Lay out the apron on a flat surface
3. Pour different colored paint out on a paper plate
4. Dab the sponge cutouts in the paint and apply to the apron.
Viola! You have a new apron for the barbecue cook in the family.
- Glycerin soap squares
- Soap coloring and
- Special charm or item to add to the soap
- Soap mold
1. Add three glycerin squares to a bowl and melt in microwave for 40 secs
2. Add a few drops of the desired color and scent and stir.
3. Pour into mold and add charm
4. Allow to set for at least 30 mins.
- Plastic top from a baby bottle
- Tiny shells
- Stiff card stock
- For the adults: hot glue gun
1. Begin by placing the opening of the bottle top on the card-stock and trace it on the card-stock. This will cover the opening of the bottle top.
2. Repeat the previous step on the felt
3. Cutout both of these tracing.
4. Glue the felt to one side of the card-stock.
5. Fill the inside of the bottle top with sand shells or any favorites to add to the inside of the paperweight.
6. Moms and dads, this step is for you. Hot glue the card stock to the bottom of the bottle top and let dry.
7. You now have a great Mother’s day gift for Mom, aunt, or grandma or a great Father’s day gift for Dad, uncle or grandpa
**ideas: add some cording along the edge of the bottle where the bottle and the card-stock is glued together. You may even try to find a circle wood piece at your local craft store that will fit the bottle opening instead of using card-stock. This will give the paperweight a more sturdier base.
- White or colored card-stock
- Small (2″) picture – can be photo or cutout
- Connecting magnets
1. Cut out a 4 inch long rectangle from the cardstock and for a more decorative edging use scrapbooking scissors to cutout the rectangle
2. Fold this rectangle in half length wise so that you have two squares joined by a fold.
3. Glue the picture to the front of the bookmark. It is also fun to draw your own picture, color, or even add foam shapes to this front flap.
4. Glue one of the magnets to the underside, outer edge, of the front flap of the bookmark and the underside, outer edge of the back flap of the bookmark.
5. There you have it. A book mark for a special person in your life.